U.S. Federal Law Tracker
The following section explains how use the tracker.
You can either click on the arrows of the trackers below, click on the contents of the table, or hover your mouse over the tracker for more information.
Click on tracker
- Click on any of the arrows in the trackers below to filter the table below by stage.
- For example, to view bills that have passed the senate, click on the ‘Introduced in Senate’ arrow, and the table will contain the bills that are in or have passed the stage.
- To return to see all bills in the table again, re-click on the arrow you last clicked on.
Click on table
- Click on any of the contents of the table to see a live status on the progress of a bill. The tracker will turn dark blue and track the progress made to date.
- To visit the official page of the bill, click on the link icon (🔗) in a table entry. This will take you to the official status page of the bill.
Hover over tracker
- Hover over any of the arrows for more information about a particular stage.
- For example, you can find out about how many bills are currently in a stage, and which bills most recently moved into a particular stage.
- The intensity of the blue color of the fields indicates how many laws are contained within a certain phase.
- Dark blue indicates that many of the laws, relative to the total amount of laws, are contained within the particular field. Light blue indicates the opposite.
United States of America (USA)
U.S. Federal Law Tracker
As the saying goes, “a rising tide lifts all ships,” so too is it true that the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California’s Consumer Privacy Protection Act (CCPA) are seemingly lifting the status of a comprehensive federal privacy law in the United States. Privacy law in the United States—often is described as a “patchwork”—seems poised for a major overhaul.
Last Updated: August 6, 2019
OneTrust is the #1 most widely used privacy, security and third-party risk technology platform trusted by more than 3,000 companies to comply with the CCPA, GDPR, ISO27001 and hundreds of the world’s privacy and security laws. OneTrust's three primary offerings include OneTrust Privacy Management Software, OneTrust PreferenceChoice™ consent and preference management software, and OneTrust Vendorpedia™ third-party risk management software and vendor risk exchange. To learn more, visit OneTrust.com or connect on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.