Basic Environmental Law
The Law requires that corporations take measures to prevent environmental pollution, including:
- through the treatment of smoke and soot, as well as water and wastes that have resulted from their activities;
- through the proper disposal of any waste generated from the processing or selling of their products or through the engagement of other business activities;
- through efforts to reduce their environmental load that has resulted from the use or disposal of products related to their activities;
- through efforts to use recyclable resources; and
- through cooperation with policies implemented by state and local governments, among other things.
The Ministry of the Environment of the Government of Japan has issued further information and guidance regarding the Law and the Basic Environment Plan.
How OneTrust Helps
OneTrust Vendorpedia simplifies third-party risk management by combining automation with aggregated vendor research to streamline the vendor engagement lifecycle, from onboarding to offboarding. The platform helps organizations conduct faster and more in-depth security and privacy reviews.
Vendorpedia is backed by the world’s largest and most up-to-date database of privacy and security laws, frameworks, and standards, which directly power and enrich OneTrust Vendorpedia. Research is generated by 30 in-house security and privacy experts and a network of 500 lawyers across 300 jurisdictions.
For additional details on Vendorpedia, read more here.
Basic Environmental Law
The Japanese Basic Environmental Law No. 91 of 1993 (‘the Law’) requires that corporations ensure to take necessary measures to prevent environmental pollution that are a result of their activities to properly conserve the natural environment.
Last Updated: July 30, 2019
OneTrust is the #1 most widely used privacy, security and third-party risk technology platform trusted by more than 3,000 companies to comply with the CCPA, GDPR, ISO27001 and hundreds of the world’s privacy and security laws. OneTrust's three primary offerings include OneTrust Privacy Management Software, OneTrust PreferenceChoice™ consent and preference management software, and OneTrust Vendorpedia™ third-party risk management software and vendor risk exchange. To learn more, visit OneTrust.com or connect on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.